Garmin Edge 1040 Solar Cycling Computer
Harnessing the power of the sun, the Edge 1040 Solar features a Power Glass™ solar charging lens, giving cyclists even more ride time between charges – up to 100 hours in battery saver mode – while multi-band GNSS technology provides more accurate GPS positioning in challenging ride environments, such as dense urban areas or under deep tree cover.
Packed with state-of-the-art navigation, performance, safety and connectivity features, the Edge 1040 Solar boasts a completely refreshed, modernized user experience, giving cyclists easier access to key information, the ability to customize the home page, an improved ride summary view and more – all in a 3.5-inch touchscreen display.
Designed for cyclists, by cyclists, the Edge 1040 Solar features innovative advancements in technology and performance metrics, including:
- Solar Charging
- Power Glass solar charging lens extends the battery life to up to 100 hours in battery saver mode, giving cyclists an additional 42 minutes per hour during daytime riding.
- Multi-Band GNSS Technology
- Receive better positional accuracy and coverage, even in the most challenging environments.
- Cycling Ability and Course Demands
- Classify strengths and weaknesses as a cyclist, focus on improvement and prepare for the demands of a specific course.
- Power Guide
- Recommended power targets make it easier to manage efforts throughout a course.2
- Real-Time Stamina Insights
- Monitor and track exertion levels in real-time during a ride.
- Simple Setup
- Custom ride profiles prepopulate based on previous Edge data, ride types, and sensors. From there, cycling activity profiles can be managed directly on your compatible smartphone from the Garmin Connect™ smart device app.