Darimo IX2AL Stem - Black Matte
Introducing the new Darimo IX2AL stem, the perfect stem for those who love aluminium stems, and of course really light with just 82 grams in 100 mm length.
The stem is sculpted from a 7075 aluminium block with a precision CNC machining process.
Each stem needs near to two hours of continuous CNC machining as we want the best surface finish even with its organic and round shape. That shape increases the stiffness/weight ratio.
The stem has an integrated faceplate with only 2 closing Ti bolts. This design gives an impressive shape, awesome aesthetics and increases the stiffness at the clamping zone with the handlebar.
Our design is optimized for carbon fibre handlebars. The clamping zone is not divided into two small plates, both bolts are connected, and then the surface pressure over the handlebar is reduced.
Its body shape and a huge contact surface with the handlebar (24 square centimetres) makes it stiffer than heavier stems.
- Body: 7075 T6 Aluminium Anodized
- Bolts: Ti Gr5 M4
- Finish: Matte
- Clamping Diameter: 31.8mm
- Steering Diameter: 1-1/8″
- Clamping Width: 48mm
- Stack Height: 38mm
- Angles: -6º | -12º | -17º | -25º
- Length: 40-50-60-70-80-90-100-110-120-130mm
- Weight Limit: The Darimo stem is safe and exceeds the tests of ISO 4210-2, but it is not recommended for riders over 90 kg. Please request the reinforced version if necessary.
Please reach out to us if you would like to pre-order a Darimo IX2AL Stem that is not available in our variants here.
Photo Credit: Darimo