Sean's Cannondale Caad 5 Saeco
Apologies gents as it has been awhile since we last updated our projects' page.
This is a worthy update because
- Sean is a brother of our artisan, Joshua
- It is a very beautiful old Cannondale Caad 5
- It is a Saeco edition
- It is a fusion of old + new kind of build
- It is splendid
- Because of no.5
- Because of no.6 and no.5
- Because it is just simply awesome
Sean has gotten this frameset from us since early 2018 as some of you might have seen the frameset or photos of this immaculate beauty. It has been collecting dust since and several thought it was for sale and asked for a price, only to be heartbroken when we told them that it was not for sale.
This project took awhile as Sean is based in Malaysia and was planning on its build for sometime.
Ultimately, the choice to go with Shimano Dura Ace 9100 mechanical rim groupset along with Deda cockpit, seatpost was made. But the real issue was the wheelset.
A good pair of wheelset can make one hitting the roads way easier and Sean was a very avid rider of fixed gear. He and Joshua have been tackling hills and mountains on their fixed gear back in Australia and Northern Malaysia.
What wheelset was chosen? It was the pair of onyx hubset that caught Sean's attention due to its instant engagement, something very similar to fixed gear.
The end result? WHAT A SAECO!
Thanks Sean and also to our lovely artisan Joshie for bringing his brother to us.
- Frameset: Cannondale Caad 5 Saeco size 52
- Groupset: Shimano Dura Ace 9100 Mechanical Groupset
- Wheelset: Reynolds AR41 laced to Onyx Road Hubset
- Tyres: Schwalbe Pro One 700 x 25
- Handlebar : Deda Superleggera RS
- Stem: Deda Superleggera RS
- Seatpost: Deda Superleggera
- Saddle: San Marco x Mash
- Bartape: Burgh X Stealth